10 Facts About Washington State
The Evergreen State, Washington State. Man do we live in a beautiful region of the United States! But did you know these interesting facts about Washington State?
1. Washington State's, State bird is the Goldfinch.
2. Washington State's Flagis the only Green State Flag in the US.
3. Washington State has an official dance. Square Dancing.
4. The Population of Washington State is - 7.739 million (2021)
5. Washington State is the Second Largest Wine-producing Region in the United States.
6. Washington State is home to 300 plus colleges and career schools.
7. There are 29 Federally recognized Native Tribes in Washington.
8. Washington's Grand Coulee Dam is the Largest Hydroelectric Plant in the US.
9. Washington is the 2nd most glaciated state. 186 Glaciers.
10. Washington has 6 Major League Teams.
Welp, there you have it! 10 facts about Washington State. Other facts include the fact that our state is downright beautiful. Carries all 4 seasons (5 if you want to include smoke from fires season).
Get out and enjoy all that this wonderful state has to offer. Maybe see a Goldfinch or two. Not to mention, the Bald Eagles love our region!
Oh, here's another fun fact: Amazon was founded in Washington State! So I guess you can thank Washington for you being able to order your stuffs quickly and swiftly from Amazon! You're welcome.
Another Fun fact... Spokane WA has the largest 3-on-3 Basketball tournament in the world. Hoopfest!
34 Impressive and Fun Facts About Washington State - The Mandagies
6 of the Best Islands To Escape to in Washington State
The Colors of Lightning You See in Washington Skies Mean...
6 Places in Washington State Where You Might Find a Cheap Home
10 Fantastic Fun Lakes To Visit in Washington State This Summer