Funniest Washington State Laws You Haven’t Heard Of
You know, sometimes I just scratch my head at things in life. Like for instance, why do we have to remind people a coffee they ordered is hot by putting "caution it's hot" on the lid or cup? I know it's because of a lawsuit so many years ago but still. I mean, common sense? You would think.
Here's some Washington State Laws that are funny/weird/head scratching: (you're welcome)
1. You used to be fined up to $500 dollars for removing a tag off of a pillow.
*When did the law change and 2nd. Wasn't this the same with removing tags off of a mattress?
2. Anyone under the age of 18 must have parental permission to throw a tear gas cannister.
Just the thought of a tear gas cannister being thrown is. Scary. But was this law due to wars? Am I even asking the right questions?
3. It's Illegal to catch fish by throwing rocks at them.
*But what if we accidently slipped, made a rock budge just enough to slide into the river, knock a fish out and then what... Do we walk away, or grab dinner? (This is for parody purposes, please catch fish lawfully.)
4. You may not ride an ugly horse. (Wilbur WA)
*Isn't beauty in the eye of the beholder? Right, WiLbUr!?
5. TV's may NOT be bought on Sunday's (Spokane WA)
* "Excuse me Ma'am... MA'AM... MA'AM YOU CAN'T SHOP HERE.... Today, you can't shop here, today..."
6. Dancing and drinking may not occur at the same establishment. (Lynden WA)
*Well, I guess don't get married in Lynden? Unless you wanted to choose between dancing or drinking to celebrate.
7. It's Illegal to paint Polka Dots onto the American Flag...
*But why would someone want to in the first place?!?
There you have it! Stuffs you cannot legally do in some parts of Washington State and parts of Washington States.
6 Common Washington State Laws I’m Sure You Break on a Daily Basis
10 Famous Movies That Led To Major Lawsuits
Wacky Washington State Laws True or False?